We’re getting back to the basics—the basics of bread-baking, that is. Join us May 3–5 for our Basics of Bread-Baking Retreat at San Francisco Cooking School in San Francisco, California, where you’ll learn core skills and recipes for artisan bread-baking at home. Here are 5 reasons you should come along with us.
1. Master bread recipes every home baker should know. From classic loaves and sourdough English muffins to pizza dough, bagels, and more, you’ll learn to perfect the essential recipes every baker needs in their repertoire. Whether you’re an advanced bread maker or just getting started, the classes at San Francisco Cooking School will help you hone your artisan baking skills so you can confidently bake bread at home.
2. Learn from the best in the business. San Francisco Cooking School is one of the most acclaimed culinary schools in the nation, and you will be taking classes at the very heart of it. Instructed by Nicole Plue, the school’s James Beard Award-winning Director of Pastry Arts, the bread-baking classes will offer you knowledge and expertise you won’t find anywhere else.
3. Enjoy small group sizes. Our small class size of 16 gives you the opportunity for hands-on learning experiences in an intimate setting. Ask all the questions you like—the team at San Francisco Cooking School is there to help! And our editor-in-chief, Brian Hart Hoffman, will be with you every step of the way to help you perfect each recipe that comes along.
4. Go on an exclusive bakery tour with our editor-in-chief. What better introduction to San Francisco’s vibrant baking scene than a bakery tour with editor-in-chief Brian Hart Hoffman? On the first day, Brian will guide you through some of the city’s top bakeries and let you in on the best bites from each spot. Transportation and samples are included in the trip, so you can relax and savor San Francisco’s finest treats!
5. Return home with world-class recipes in hand. Once the weekend is over, you’ll get to go home with San Francisco Cooking School’s best bread recipes, each one adapted for home baking. Equipped with your new baking skills, you’ll have everything you need to bake bread like a pro.
Don’t wait any longer to book your trip; reserve your place today!