Roti is an Indian flatbread made with wheat flour. It works especially well to scoop up bites of saucy dishes, such as the Railways Beef Curry.
Asha Gomez's Roti
Write a review
- 2 cups durum wheat flour, plus more for kneading
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- In a medium bowl, stir together flour, salt, ¾ cup water, and oil until the mixture pulls away from the sides. Turn the dough out onto a well-floured surface. Knead until smooth and pliable, about 10 minutes.
- Preheat a large skillet to medium-high heat. Divide dough into 12 equal parts, form into rounds, and cover with a damp cloth. Flatten the balls with the palm of your hand, then roll out each piece into a 6- to 8-inch round.
- Cook the roti for 2 to 3 minutes, flip, then cook for another minute. The roti should have some darker brown spots when finished. Best served warm.
Bake from Scratch https://www.bakefromscratch.com/