Bakers, pack your bags! We’re bringing you a series of exciting baking retreats, from the kitchen classrooms of San Francisco Cooking School to an adventure in the exhilarating Alaskan wilderness to the dazzling streets of Paris and Burgundy.
Our trips bring together a global community of bakers through custom curriculums led by some of the most inspiring professionals in the baking world. Whether you’re making sourdough bread in San Francisco, baking over live fire in Alaska, or shaping croissants in Paris, our editor-in-chief, Brian Hart Hoffman, will accompany you through each experience, teaming up with master bakers to help you perfect every recipe that comes along. We’ll be your guides to our destinations’ thriving cultural and culinary scenes, taking you on exclusive tours and tastings, arranging meet and greets with renowned baking personalities, and more.
Because of our small group sizes, you’ll be able to connect like never before with professional bakers from around the world in intimate, hands-on learning opportunities. After we’ve said goodbye, you’ll return home richer in memories, friends, and experiences.
Sign up for our weekly newsletter and you’ll be the first to know details about our upcoming trips!
London and Lancashire, England
May 10–May 16, 2020
- Hotel accommodations in London and Lancashire
- Breakfast daily at hotel in London and Lancashire
- Private coach transfers to/from all retreat activities and to Lancashire
- All baking classes at Leiths School of Food and Wine, John Whaite’s Kitchen Cookery School, and guided tour of Borough Market
- Welcome wine reception in London, afternoon tea at The Milestone Hotel, dinner at John Whaite’s in Lancashire, closing wine reception at The Milestone Hotel, lunch at Leiths School of Food and Wine
- Airfare/travel to London
- Airport transfers
- Some meals
Tutka Bay Lodge
August 21–24, 2019
- Hands-on baking, lodging, all meals at Tutka Bay Lodge and local restaurants included in itinerary, all guided activities and baking instruction, yoga and cooking classes, wine and cheese tastings, hot tub, sauna, and other lodge amenities.
- Round-trip airfare to Homer on Ravn Alaska.
- Round-trip boat transfer from Homer to Tutka Bay Lodge.
- Airfare to Ted Stevens Anchorage International Airport.
- Overnight accommodations in Anchorage on Tuesday, August 20.
- Massage therapy at Tutka Bay Lodge and fishing licenses.
Paris and Beaune, France
September 29–October 6, 2019
- Hotel accommodations in Paris and Beaune
- Train transfers to/from Beaune
- Transfer from Paris hotel to train station for Beaune departure
- Transfers to/from Beaune train station to hotel
- All baking classes at La Cuisine Paris and The Cook’s Atelier, guided bread bakery tour in Paris, cake decorating class in Paris, meet and greet with Dorie Greenspan in Paris
- Daily hotel breakfast in Paris and Beaune, lunch at La Cuisine Paris, welcome wine reception in Paris, wine and appetizers reception with Dorie Greenspan, seven-course wine dinner at The Cook’s Atelier, post-baking class meal at The Cook’s Atelier
- Airfare/travel to Paris
- Airport transfers
- Some meals