This blackberry and blueberry jam is great on anything–from English muffins, to cakes, and even as the filling for sandwich cookies. See some of the ways that we’re using it this summer in our July/August 2019 issue!
- 18 ounces (510 grams) fresh blackberries (about 3½ cups)
- 14 ounces (397 grams) fresh blueberries (about 2⅔ cups)
- 2 cups (400 grams) granulated sugar
- ¼ cup (60 grams) almond liqueur
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise, seeds scraped and reserved
- In the container of a blender, process blackberries until puréed. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve into a medium bowl, discarding seeds. Place 1⅔ cups (400 grams) blackberry juice in a medium Dutch oven. Add blueberries, sugar, almond liqueur, and vanilla bean and reserved seeds, stirring to combine. Let stand for 30 minutes.
- Bring berry mixture to a boil over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until mixture is thickened and jam leaves a trace when a spoon is dragged across bottom of pot, 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from heat, and let cool for 1 hour. Transfer jam to a clean jar. Jam will keep refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.