The beauty of this cake is the crackled top, which, combined with the cardamom-scented cake, yields the perfect mix of crispy, soft, chocolatey goodness in a single bite.
Cardamom Flourless Chocolate Cake
Makes 1 (9-inch) cake
Write a review
- 3 (4-ounce) bars (345 grams) 70% cacao extra bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- ¾ cup (170 grams) unsalted butter, cubed
- 6 large eggs, room temperature
- 1½ cups (300 grams) granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon (1 gram) ground cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon (0.75 gram) kosher salt
- Garnish: unsweetened cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line a 9-inch spring form pan with parchment paper, and spray with baking spray with flour.
- In the top of a double boiler, place chocolate and butter.
- Cook over simmering water, stirring occasionally, until mixture is smooth. Remove from heat, and let cool for 10 minutes.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat eggs, sugar, cardamom, and salt at medium-high speed until light and thickened, 6 to 8 minutes. Fold in melted chocolate until combined. Pour batter into prepared pan
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, about 1 hour and 10 minutes. Let cool completely on a wire rack. To serve, gently remove ring from spring form pan. Dust cake with cocoa.
- Finely chopping chocolate can help it melt evenly.
- When baking, make sure your eggs are at room temperature. This will give your eggs more volume and your baked goods better height.
Bake from Scratch https://www.bakefromscratch.com/