Shredded zucchini gives this Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread an extra tender crumb and a light, earthy flavor, while chocolate chunks in the batter and a generous topper of ganache send this loaf to whole new levels of decadence.
Chocolate Chip Zucchini Bread
Makes 1 (9x5-inch) loaf
- ⅓ cup (76 grams) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup (200 grams) granulated sugar
- ⅔ cup (160 grams) sour cream, room temperature
- 2 large eggs (100 grams), room temperature
- 1 teaspoon (4 grams) vanilla extract
- 2 cups (250 grams) all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 grams) baking powder
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 grams) baking soda
- ½ teaspoon (1.5 grams) kosher salt
- 1 cup (138 grams) shredded zucchini, squeezed dry with paper towels
- 1⅔ cups (283 grams) 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate morsels, divided
- 3 tablespoons (45 grams) heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven 350°F (180°C). Butter and flour a 9x5-inch loaf pan; line pan with parchment paper.
- In a large glass bowl, combine melted butter, sugar and sour cream; whisk in eggs and vanilla. Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, stirring until combined. Fold in zucchini and 1 cup (170 grams) chocolate morsels. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Cover with foil, and bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes more. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- Wash bowl, and dry well. Add cream and remaining ⅔ cup (113 grams) chocolate morsels. Microwave on high for 40 seconds. Let stand for 1 minute; stir until melted. Spread onto cooled bread.