With peanut butter folded right into the batter and tempting pools of melted dark chocolate throughout, these blondies are a crowd-pleasing classic you’ll turn to again and again.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Blondies
Makes 12 blondies
- 2 cups (440 grams) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup (227 grams) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- ½ cup (128 grams) creamy peanut butter*, melted
- 1 teaspoon (5 grams) baking powder
- ½ teaspoon (1.5 grams) kosher salt
- 2 large eggs (100 grams), room temperature
- 2 teaspoons (8 grams) vanilla extract
- 2½ cups (313 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (170 grams) 63% cacao dark chocolate chips*
- ½ cup (85 grams) lightly chopped 70% cacao bittersweet chocolate*, divided
- Garnish: sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a 13×9-inch baking pan with parchment paper, letting excess extend over sides of pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together brown sugar, melted butter, melted peanut butter, baking powder, and kosher salt until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, whisking well after each addition. Whisk in vanilla. Stir in flour and chocolate chips just until combined. Spread batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle with ¼ cup (42.5 grams) chopped chocolate.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup (42.5 grams) chopped chocolate, and bake 2 minutes more. Let cool completely in pan on wire rack. Sprinkle with sea salt, if desired. Using excess parchment as handles, remove from pan, and cut into 12 blondies. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
PRO TIP: The secret behind those glossy pools of chocolate on top? High-quality chocolate. When pulling the pan from the oven after the final 2 minutes of baking, slightly tilt pan so chocolate spreads.