Filled with tangy crème fraîche and a bright trio of strawberries, blueberries, and blackberries, our Crème Fraîche Pound Cake is the ultimate summertime dessert. Soft, buttery, and crowned with a crunchy sugar top, this recipe wouldn’t be the same without Heilala Vanilla’s Pure Vanilla Bean Paste.
Stock up on Heilala’s vanilla paste and more of their exceptional vanilla products with their exclusive 20% off discount on your vanilla purchase through their Amazon store! Simply apply the code BAKEFS09 at check out. Code valid through September 30, 2019.
Don’t have crème fraîche in a store near you? Check out our guide on making your own at home!
- ¾ cup (170 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup (200 grams) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (110 grams) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs (150 grams)
- 1 tablespoon (18 grams) vanilla bean paste
- 1 tablespoon (3 grams) lemon zest (about 1 lemon)
- 2 cups (250 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1¾ teaspoons (8.75 grams) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon (3 grams) kosher salt
- ¾ cup (180 grams) crème fraîche
- ⅓ cup (54 grams) plus ¼ cup (41 grams) fresh blueberries, divided
- ⅓ cup (54 grams) diced fresh blackberries
- ⅓ cup (52 grams) diced fresh strawberries
- 3 fresh strawberries (46 grams), quartered
- 4 fresh blackberries (25 grams), halved
- 2 tablespoons (24 grams) turbinado sugar
- Crème Fraîche Chantilly (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Butter a 9-inch springform pan. Line bottom of pan with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar at medium speed until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla bean paste and zest.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. With mixer on low speed, gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with crème fraîche, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating just until combined after each addition. Fold in ⅓ cup (54 grams) blueberries, diced blackberries, and diced strawberries. Spread batter in prepared pan. Top with quartered strawberries, halved blackberries, and remaining ¼ cup (41 grams) blueberries. Sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Let cool in pan for 15 minutes. Remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack. Serve with Crème Fraîche Chantilly.
- 1 cup (240 grams) heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons (14 grams) confectioners’ sugar
- ½ teaspoon (2 grams) vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup (80 grams) crème fraîche
- In a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, whip cream, confectioners’ sugar, and vanilla until stiff. Fold in crème fraîche. Serve immediately.