Looking for something that is crunchy and sweet? We’ve got your must have recipe. These Dark Chocolate Crunch Bars have a texture from the crisp rice cereal, a sweetness from the almond butter, and is finished off with a dark chocolate ganache and flaked salt. With no baking time, it’s a great summer recipe that will be enjoyed!
Dark Chocolate Crunch Bars
- 2⅔ cups (453 grams) 63% dark chocolate morsels*
- 1 (16-ounce) jar (454 grams) almond butter*
- 4½ cups (122 grams) crisp rice cereal*
- 3 cups (180 grams) sweetened flaked coconut Dark Chocolate Ganache (recipe follows)
- Garnish: flaked sea salt
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper, letting excess extend over sides of pan.
- In the top of a double boiler, combine chocolate and almond butter. Cook over simmering water, stiring occasionally, until melted; remove from heat. Stir in cereal and coconut. Pour mixture into prepared pan, pressing into bottom of pan. Freeze until set, about 20 minutes.
- Pour Dark Chocolate Ganache over chocolate mixture. Freeze until set, about 5 minutes. Using excess parchment as handles, remove from pan, and cut into bars. Garnish with sea salt, if desired.
*We used Guittard Extra Dark Chocolate Chips, Barney’s Smooth Almond Butter, and Rice Krispies.
Dark Chocolate Ganache
About ¾ cup
- ⅔ cup (113 grams) 63% dark chocolate morsels*
- 3 tablespoons (45 grams) heavy whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon (14 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- Place chocolate in a medium heatproof bowl.
- In a medium saucepan, heat cream and butter over medium heat, stirring frequently, just until bubbles form around edges of pan. (Do not boil.) Remove from heat; pour hot cream mixture over chocolate. Let stand for 5 minutes; stir until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Use immediately.
We used Guittard Extra Dark Chocolate Chips.