Who’s ready for decadent brownies that just happen to be gluten-free? Our Fudgy Double-Chocolate Brownies are made with Arrowhead Mills Organic Gluten Free Coconut Flour and Arrowhead Mills Organic Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour, a divine combo that leads to tender texture sans gluten. Packed with luscious chocolate chunks and deep cocoa flavor, these brownies don’t skimp on the richness. Whether you’re looking for the ideal gluten-free brownie or just the ideal brownie, this recipe fits the bill.
Arrowhead Mills has been producing organic baking products for over fifty years. Many of their products, across flours, pancake & waffle mixes, cereals and more are certified organic and non-GMO project verified. Their Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour features a blend of brown rice flour, rice flour, tapioca flour, millet flour, and xanthan gum to create a perfect alternative to the traditional all-purpose blend. Meanwhile, their Gluten Free Coconut Flour is rich in fiber and offers a mild coconut flavor, bringing a touch of tenderness and health to your baked goods.
To purchase Arrowhead Mills products, shop online or check your local grocery stores!
- 12 ounces (340 grams) chopped 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate, divided (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup (200 grams) granulated sugar
- ¾ cup (170 grams) unsalted butter, melted
- ⅓ cup (73 grams) firmly packed light brown sugar
- ¼ cup (24 grams) instant espresso powder
- 3 large eggs (150 grams), room temperature
- 1 large egg yolk (19 grams), room temperature
- 1½ teaspoons (6 grams) vanilla extract
- ¾ cup (102 grams) Arrowhead Mills Organic Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour
- ¼ cup (28 grams) Arrowhead Mills Organic Gluten Free Coconut Flour
- 3 tablespoons (24 grams) Dutch process cocoa powder, sifted
- 1¼ teaspoons (3.75 grams) kosher salt
- Preheat oven to 325°F (170°C). Grease a 9-inch square baking pan. Line pan with parchment paper, letting excess extend over sides of pan.
- In the top of a double boiler, heat 6 ounces (170 grams) chocolate over simmering water, stirring occasionally, until melted and smooth. Remove from heat; whisk in granulated sugar, melted butter, brown sugar, and espresso powder. Let cool for 5 minutes.
- Add eggs, egg yolk, and vanilla to chocolate mixture, whisking until combined.
- Whisk together flours, cocoa, and salt in a medium bowl. Stir in flour mixture until just a few bits of flour remain. Fold in 4 ounces (113 grams) chocolate. Spread batter into prepared pan; sprinkle with remaining 2 ounces (57 grams) chocolate.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out with a few moist crumbs, 22 to 28 minutes. Let cool completely in pan. Using excess parchment as handles, remove from pan, and cut into bars.