This well-spiced and nutty pumpkin bread is a fall crowd pleaser for many reasons. One particular reason it stands out is the Cane River pecan pieces we folded into the pumpkin-packed batter. These rich, flavorful pecans bring a little something extra to our go-to fall pumpkin bread. With aromatic crystallized ginger imparting a bit of sweet warmth, this recipe will become a regular in your quick bread rotation.
Cane River Pecan Company has been a family-owned business since 1969. Over fifty years ago they began harvesting fresh Louisiana pecans from their orchards along the historic Cane River. From fresh, recipe-ready chopped pecans to huge natural whole pecan halves, Cane River offers bakers everything they could need for the holiday baking season. They have taken all of the guess work out of which pecans to use by only offering a curated line of natural pecans to choose from; the petit and perfect Elliott pecan to the big and bold Desirable pecan half.
You can purchase Cane River Pecans online at their website. Bake from Scratch readers have the privilege of an exclusive offer! Use the promo code PECANS at checkout and receive 10% off on your first time order. Their gorgeous gift tins make for sweet holiday presents, while their all natural Mammoth and Elliot pecans will keep the artisan baker stocked for upcoming projects in the kitchen.
- 3½ cups (438 grams) all-purpose flour
- 3 cups (600 grams) granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons (10 grams) baking soda
- ½ teaspoon (1.5 grams) kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon (1 gram) ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 2½ cups (610 grams) canned pumpkin
- 4 large eggs (200 grams)
- ⅔ cup (160 grams) water
- ½ cup (112 grams) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (113 grams) Cane River pecan pieces
- ½ cup (88 grams) chopped crystalized ginger
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray 2 (8½x4½-inch) loaf pans with baking spray with flour.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together pumpkin, eggs, ⅔ cup (160 grams) water, and oil. Add pumpkin mixture to flour mixture, and stir until well combined. Fold in pecans and ginger. Divide batter between prepared pans.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 55 minutes to 1 hour. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on a wire rack.