These crackers are softer and richer in flavor than your standard packaged graham crackers. The best part? They hold their shape when you take a bite, saving your s’more from crumbling into a sticky heap.
Homemade Graham Crackers
Write a review
- 1 cup (227 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup (165 grams) firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons (42 grams) honey
- 1 tablespoon (21 grams) molasses
- 1 teaspoon (3 grams) kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon (2 grams) ground cinnamon
- 1 cup (125 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (5 grams) baking soda
- 2 cups (260 grams) whole-wheat flour
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter, brown sugar, honey, molasses, salt, and cinnamon at medium speed until combined. In a small bowl, whisk together all-purpose flour and baking soda. Gradually add whole-wheat flour to butter mixture alternately with all-purpose flour mixture, beating until combined.
- Roll dough to ⅛-inch thick 18x16-inch rectangle between 2 sheets of parchment paper. Transfer to a baking sheet. Remove top layer of paper, and score dough with a knife into 2-inch squares, being sure to cut all the way through. Use a wooden skewer to make holes in crackers. Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Bake until crackers begin to brown, about 10 minutes. Once cooled, break apart into squares.
Bake from Scratch https://www.bakefromscratch.com/