Warm, fluffy, and lightly sweet, these Honey-Sweet Potato Dinner Rolls will be the perfect addition to any autumnal feast. Mashed sweet potato not only lends a lovely moistness to the rolls but also contributes to their golden tint. An added touch of honey and splash of Simply Organic Pure Vanilla Extract serve as an aromatically sweet complement to the earthy flavor of the sweet potato. Finally, a mix of seeds from Simply Organic is sprinkled over the top for an appealing contrast in texture and appearance. They’ll be delicious served alongside your Thanksgiving dinner, but they’re also an excellent recipe to help you use up any surplus of sweet potatoes or squash. Whether filled to make Thanksgiving leftover sliders or toasted and topped with butter and a drizzle of honey, these rolls will be the answer to all your holiday table needs.
For rolls this naturally sweet and delicious, Simply Organic is the only choice. The vanilla extract that scents and flavors these rolls is made with only authentic, high-quality, and organically grown vanilla beans handpicked by farmer co-ops in Madagascar. Real vanilla contains more than 250 flavor and aroma compounds, while imitation vanilla flavoring contains only one. When you bake with Simply Organic Pure Vanilla Extract, you’re baking with a vanilla unmatched in depth and flavor. Also, you won’t want to miss the Simply Organic Sesame Seeds, Black Sesame Seeds, and Poppy Seeds, which add a mild, nutty bite to these rolls. Every ingredient from Simply Organic is certified organic, thoughtfully sourced, and minimally processed, making Simply Organic the premium choice.
To learn more about Simply Organic’s best practices and unmatched quality, visit simplyorganic.com and start baking today!
- 2½ to 2¾ cups (313 to 344 grams) all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 cup (125 grams) whole wheat flour
- 2¼ teaspoons (7 grams) instant yeast
- 2 teaspoons (6 grams) kosher salt
- ¾ cup (183 grams) mashed baked peeled sweet potato
- ½ cup (120 grams) whole milk
- ¼ cup (57 grams) unsalted butter
- ¼ cup (85 grams) honey
- 1 teaspoon (4 grams) Simply Organic Vanilla Extract
- 1 large egg (50 grams), lightly beaten
- 4 teaspoons (16 grams) Simply Organic Seeds (sesame seeds, black sesame seeds, and poppy seeds), as desired
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat 2½ cups (313 grams) all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, yeast, and salt at low speed until combined.
- In a small saucepan, heat sweet potato, milk, butter, honey, and vanilla over medium heat until butter is melted and an instant-read thermometer registers 120°F (49°C) to 130°F (54°C). Add warm sweet potato mixture to flour mixture, and beat at low speed until combined, about 1 minute.
- Switch to the dough hook attachment. Beat until a smooth, elastic dough forms, 12 to 13 minutes; add up to remaining ¼ cup (31 grams) all-purpose flour, 1 tablespoon (8 grams) at a time, if dough is too sticky. Turn out onto a very lightly floured surface, and shape into a smooth round.
- Lightly oil a medium bowl. Place dough in bowl, turning to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm, draft-free place (75°F/24°C) until doubled in size, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Spray a 9-inch round cake pan with cooking spray.
- Punch down dough, and turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Divide dough into 9 portions (about 98 grams each). Shape into smooth rounds, and place in prepared pan. Cover and let rise in a warm, draft-free place (75°F/24°C) until doubled in size, 35 to 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Brush top of rolls with egg, and sprinkle with desired seeds.
- Bake until deep golden brown and an instant-read thermometer inserted in center registers 200°F (93°C), 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool in pan for 5 to 10 minutes. Serve warm.