There’s not much better than a buttery Bundt cake, and that goes for this Italian Cream Bundt Cake made with rich, golden butter from Lewis Road Creamery. This cake delivers the same flavors as the classic layer cake in a super-moist, sugar-dusted package. Each bite crunches with toasted pecans and sweetened flaked coconut, and the crumb is soft and moist thanks to luscious butter and cream cheese. If you’re looking for an Italian cream cake that requires half the effort, this Bundt cake is your decadent, no-fuss solution.
Lewis Road Creamery was founded in 2012 with one mission in mind: to create the world’s best butter. They use their own grass-fed, free-range cream from their farms in Canterbury, New Zealand, traditionally churned using the Fritz churn method, which helps Lewis Road Creamery achieve a lightly cultured, scrumptious-tasting butter with a silky, velvety consistency like no other. Because their cows are completely grass-fed all year round, the vibrant golden color of their butter is 100% natural! Lewis Road Creamery butter is non-GMO, hormone-free, and high in fat, giving it a bolder flavor and making it brilliantly golden.
You can purchase Lewis Road Creamery butter online or pick some up at your local fine food grocer such as Whole Foods, Erewhon Market, Central Market, and Uptown Grocery Co.
- 1½ cups (340 grams) Lewis Road Creamery Unsalted Butter, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) package (226 grams) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (400 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (220 grams) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoons (4.5 grams) kosher salt
- 5 large eggs (250 grams)
- 1 tablespoon (13 grams) vanilla extract
- 3 cups (375 grams) all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 grams) baking powder
- 1 cup (113 grams) finely chopped toasted pecans
- 1 cup (60 grams) sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
- Garnish: confectioners’ sugar
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed until creamy, 3 to 4 minutes. Increase mixer speed to high, and add granulated sugar, brown sugar, and salt; beat for 10 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder. With mixer on low speed, gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating until combined. Beat in pecans and coconut.
- Spray a 15-cup Bundt pan with baking spray with flour. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Place pan in a cold oven. Bake at 300°F (150°C) until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean, about 1 hour and 20 minutes to 1 hour and 30 minutes. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Invert cake onto a wire rack, and let cool completely. Garnish with confectioners’ sugar, if desired.