If you’re searching for your new baking ingredient obsession, Bake from Scratch has the product for you. Just Date Syrup has added a revolutionary new sweetener to their line of products: Just Pomegranate Syrup. The first-ever organic and refined sugar-free pomegranate molasses, this liquid sweetener imparts fruity flavor to your favorite baked goods the way nature intended it: without added sugar. Instead, the syrup’s signature sweetness comes from fresh Medjool dates. Packaged in a squeeze bottle, Just Pomegranate Syrup is also primed to help give your cakes, pies, and cookies the perfect finishing drizzle of complex flavor.
In celebration of their new product, we’re teaming up with Just Date Syrup for one supersweet giveaway. In addition to your own supply of Just Pomegranate Syrup, we’re also offering up a new Kitchen Aid Stand Mixer, the home baker’s most-trusted companion in the kitchen. Jump over to Instagram and follow these simple rules to enter:
- follow @thebakefeed and @justdatesyrup on Instagram
- like this post
- tag a friend in the comment section and tell us what you want to use your Just Pomegranate Syrup on first
The giveaway runs from November 11, 2019, through November 18, 2019, at 12 p.m. EST so hurry to enter! For the official rules of the giveaway, click here.
In the meantime, are you looking for a recipe to try out your new favorite syrup? Just Pomegranate Syrup is the not-so-secret ingredient to our luscious no-refined-sugar-added Pomegranate Chocolate Tart. Try it for yourself to get an idea of how Just Pomegranate Syrup will transform your baking.
This elegant tart is a sophisticated triumph of rich chocolate and bright, fruity pomegranate. For a boost of tangy sweetness, we drizzled a generous portion of Just Pomegranate Syrup over the velvety filling. What makes it even sweeter? Thanks to coconut sugar and Just Pomegranate Syrup, this decadent chocolate tart is a natural, no-refined-sugar-added delight.
- ⅓ cup (76 grams) plus 3 tablespoons (42 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup (170 grams) coconut sugar, divided
- 1 large egg yolk (19 grams)
- ¾ teaspoon (3 grams) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (125 grams) all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup (32 grams) blanched almond meal
- 2 tablespoons (10 grams) Dutch process cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon (3 grams) kosher salt
- 12 ounces (340 grams) unsweetened chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 cup (240 grams) heavy whipping cream
- 1½ tablespoons (23 grams) Just Pomegranate Syrup
- Garnish: Just Pomegranate Syrup, pomegranate arils
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat ⅓ cup (76 grams) butter and ¼ cup (42 grams) coconut sugar at medium speed until well combined, 1 to 2 minutes. Beat in egg yolk until combined. Beat in vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, almond meal, cocoa, and salt. Add flour mixture to butter mixture in two additions, beating just until combined.
- Spray a 9-inch round tart pan with cooking spray. Press dough into bottom and up sides of prepared pan. Freeze until firm, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 325°F (170°C).
- Dock bottom of tart. Top with a piece of parchment paper, letting ends extend over edges of pan. Add pie weights.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Carefully remove paper and weights. Bake until crust is dry and aromatic and edges pull away from sides of pan, 8 to 10 minutes more. Let cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- In the top of a double boiler, place chocolate. Cook over simmering water until chocolate starts to melt. Slowly stir until melted and smooth. Remove from heat.
- In a medium saucepan, heat cream and remaining ¾ cup (128 grams) coconut sugar over medium heat, stirring occasionally, just until bubbles form around edges of pan. (Do not boil.) Slowly pour cream into chocolate, stirring well. Add remaining 3 tablespoons (42 grams) butter in three additions, stirring until melted after each addition. Stir in pomegranate syrup until combined.
- Using an immersion blender placed in center of chocolate mixture, blend at medium speed, rotating bowl while holding blender steady, for about 30 seconds. Scrape sides of bowl. With blender on high speed, blend until chocolate is smooth and shiny. Pour into prepared crust. Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours. Remove from pan; drizzle with pomegranate syrup and pomegranate arils, if desired.
This post has been paid for by Just Date Syrup. All opinions expressed are our own.