Crumble-topped and packed with flavor, these Lemon Ricotta Poppy Seed Scones with Poppy Seed Streusel fill each heavenly bite with a zesty flair.
Lemon Ricotta Poppy Seed Scones with Poppy Seed Streusel
Write a review
- ½ cup (63 grams) all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup (55 grams) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons (24 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1 teaspoon (3 grams) poppy seeds
- ¼ cup (57 grams) unsalted butter, melted
- 2⅔ cups (334 grams) all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup (67 grams) granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons (18 grams) poppy seeds
- 1 tablespoon (15 grams) baking powder
- ½ teaspoon (1.5 grams) kosher salt
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced or about 4 tablespoons (60 grams) of lemon juice and 2 tablespoons lemon zest
- ½ cup (113 grams) cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- For streusel: In a medium bowl, combine flour, sugars, zest, and poppy seeds. Drizzle with melted butter, and stir with a wooden spoon until combined. Crumble with your fingertips until desired consistency is reached.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Spray an 8-inch round cake pan with baking spray with flour. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- For scones: In the work bowl of a food processor, place flour, sugar, poppy seeds, baking powder, salt, and zest; pulse until combined. Add cold butter, and pulse until mixture is crumbly.
- Transfer dough to a large bowl, and fold in cream, ricotta, and lemon juice, stirring until combined. Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface, and knead briefly, just until dough comes together. (This is a soft dough.) Press dough into prepared cake pan. Turn out, and using a sharp knife or bench scraper, cut into 8 wedges. Transfer wedges to prepared baking sheet.
- Sprinkle liberally with streusel, and bake until golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes.
Bake from Scratch https://www.bakefromscratch.com/