Creamy and refreshing, this chilly edition of a classic is the perfect end to a warm day. This Lime Icebox Pie can be made the night before and served the next day. It’s sure to be a favorite when it’s too hot to turn on the oven!
Lime Icebox Pie
Serves: 1 (10-inch) deep-dish pie
- 50 vanilla wafers (150 grams), crushed
- 2 tablespoons (24 grams) granulated sugar 4 teaspoons (31 grams) chopped crystalized ginger
- 6 tablespoons (84 grams) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 (13.66-ounce) can (403 ml) coconut cream
- 1⁄4 cup (12 grams) lime zest
- 1⁄2 cup (113 grams) fresh lime juice
- 1 (8-ounce) package (225 grams) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (120 grams) confectioners’ sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) container (225 grams) crème fraîche
- 1 cup (240 grams) heavy whipping cream
- Garnish: whipped cream
- In a large bowl, combine vanilla wafer crumbs, granulated sugar, and ginger. Add melted butter, stirring to combine. Press mixture into bottom and up sides of a 10-inch deep-dish pie plate. Freeze while preparing filling.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together coconut cream and lime zest and juice. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese at high speed until creamy, about 2 minutes. Add confectioners' sugar and crème fraîche, beating until smooth. With mixer on low speed, add lime mixture, beating to combine. Transfer to a large bowl; set aside.
- Clean bowl of stand mixer. Using the whisk attachment, beat cream at medium-high speed until stiff peaks form. Add whipped cream to lime mixture, whisking until smooth. Spoon filling into prepared crust. Freeze for at least 4 hours. Let stand at room temperature for 20 to 30 minutes before serving. Garnish with whipped cream, if desired.
Is the coconut cream in this recipe sweetened, or unsweetened?
Thank you for your question!
This recipe uses unsweetened coconut cream. The confectioners’ sugar adds all the sweetness the pie filling needs.
I am finally getting ready to make this, and seeing your response…thank you so much!
Happy baking to you as well!