Biscoff Cookie Butter and crushed Biscoff Cookies bring warm spice to these Macadamia Cookie Butter Blondies, while chopped macadamia nuts boost the crunch factor. Find more ways with blondies in our May/June 2019 issue!
Macadamia Cookie Butter Blondies
- 2 cups (440 grams) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup (227 grams) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- ½ cup (128 grams) creamy cookie butter*, melted
- 1 teaspoon (5 grams) baking powder
- ½ teaspoon (1.5 grams) kosher salt
- 2 large eggs (100 grams), room temperature
- 2 teaspoons (8 grams) vanilla extract
- 2½ cups (313 grams) all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup (85 grams) roughly chopped macadamia nuts
- ¾ cup (57 grams) Biscoff cookie pieces, broken up
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a 13x9-inch baking pan with parchment paper, letting excess extend over sides of pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together brown sugar, melted butter, melted cookie butter, baking powder, and kosher salt until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, whisking well after each addition. Whisk in vanilla. Stir in flour and ½ cup (57 grams) chopped macadamia nuts just until combined.
- Sprinkle batter with broken Biscoff cookie pieces and ¼ cup (28 grams) chopped macadamia nuts. Spread batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool completely in pan on wire rack. Using excess parchment as handles, remove from pan, and cut into 12 blondies. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
*We used Biscoff Cookie Butter.