Our Maple-Vanilla Pumpkin Loaf is an orange-hued beauty that is satisfyingly rich, filled with earthy sweetness, and couldn’t be simpler to make. Not only does the pumpkin in this loaf pack a powerful punch of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, but it also gets a naturally sweet hint of caramel flavor from maple syrup and notes of nuttiness from the whole wheat flour in the batter. Yet, what really elevates the flavors of this loaf is the addition of Simply Organic Pure Vanilla Extract and select spices from Simply Organic. The combination of sweet autumn spices and fragrant vanilla makes this loaf a new fall favorite, whether toasted and served for breakfast or drizzled with a little extra maple syrup for dessert.
For a classic fall loaf like this, Simply Organic is the natural choice. The vanilla extract that scents and flavors this loaf is made with only authentic, high-quality, and organically grown vanilla beans handpicked by farmer co-ops in Madagascar. Real vanilla contains more than 250 flavor and aroma compounds, while imitation vanilla flavoring only contains one. When you bake with Simply Organic Pure Vanilla Extract, you’re baking with a vanilla unmatched in depth and flavor. Also, you won’t want to miss the Simply Organic Ground Cinnamon, Cloves, Ginger, and Nutmeg that add an alluring and aromatic warmth to this loaf. Each spice is certified organic, thoughtfully sourced, and minimally processed, making Simply Organic spices the highest-quality spices you’ll find on the market.
To learn more about Simply Organic’s best practices and unmatched quality, visit simplyorganic.com and start baking today!
- 1 cup (244 grams) canned pumpkin
- ¾ cup (255 grams) maple syrup
- ⅓ cup (75 grams) neutral oil
- 2 large eggs (100 grams), room temperature
- 2 teaspoons (8 grams) Simply Organic Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup (125 grams) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (63 grams) whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon (2 grams) Simply Organic Ground Cinnamon
- ¾ teaspoon (2.25 grams) kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 grams) baking powder
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 grams) baking soda
- ½ teaspoon (1 gram) Simply Organic Ground Nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon (1 gram) Simply Organic Ground Ginger
- ¼ teaspoon Simply Organic Ground Cloves
- Garnish: confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray an 8½x4½-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Line pan with parchment paper, letting excess extend over sides of pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together pumpkin, maple syrup, oil, eggs, and vanilla until well combined.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flours, cinnamon, salt, baking powder, baking soda, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves. Add pumpkin mixture, and whisk just until combined. Pour batter into prepared pan, smoothing top.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 55 minutes to 1 hour. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Using excess parchment as handles, remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack. Garnish with confectioners’ sugar just before serving, if desired.