In this velvety two-tone marvel, creamy cheesecake gets swirled with sweet and spicy pumpkin batter to create a gorgeous, fall flavored Marbled Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake. Our gingersnap crust rounds out this recipe with extra crunch and caramelized notes.
Marbled Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake
Makes 1 (9-inch) cake
- 30 gingersnap cookies* (210 grams)
- 1¾ cups (350 grams) granulated sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons (42 grams) unsalted butter, melted
- 32 ounces (900 grams) cream cheese, softened
- ⅓ cup (80 grams) sour cream, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons (16 grams) all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons (8 grams) vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs (200 grams), lightly beaten
- 1 cup (244 grams) canned pumpkin
- 2 teaspoons (4 grams) pumpkin spice
- Sweetened whipped cream, to serve
- Garnish: pumpkin spice
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line bottom of a 9-inch springform pan with parchment paper.
- In the work bowl of a food processor, pulse gingersnap cookies until very finely crushed. Add ¼ cup (50 grams) sugar and melted butter, pulsing until well combined. Press mixture into bottom and ½ inch up sides of prepared pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Let cool slightly on a wire rack. Reduce oven temperature to 325°F (170°C).
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese and remaining 1½ cups (300 grams) sugar at medium speed until smooth, 2 to 3 minutes. Add sour cream, flour, and vanilla, beating until smooth. Stir in eggs just until combined. Transfer 2 cups batter to a medium bowl; add pumpkin and pumpkin spice, stirring just until combined.
- Pour 2 cups plain batter into prepared crust, smoothing with an offset spatula. Pour 1 cup pumpkin batter in center of plain batter. Using a spoon, dollop both remaining batters randomly onto surface of batter in pan. Using the tip of a knife, swirl batters together. (To get full marbled effect throughout cake, place knife almost to crust when swirling.) Wrap bottom and sides of pan with a large sheet of foil (at least 18 inches wide), shiny side out. Place pan in a large roasting pan. Fill roasting pan with enough boiling water to come 1 inch up sides of springform pan.
- Bake until center is set but still slightly jiggly, about 1 hour and 45 minutes. Carefully remove springform pan from roasting pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack. Remove foil, and refrigerate overnight. Remove from pan, and serve with sweetened whipped cream. Garnish with pumpkin spice, if desired.
*We used Nabisco Ginger Snaps.