This recipe is number five of our twelve treats inspired by the classic holiday tune “Twelve Days of Christmas.” We garnished these mini chocolate bundt cakes with delicate flakes of gold leaf to create five golden rings. With a rich chocolate glaze, these miniature chocolate treats will take you on a little jaunt to luxury with every bite. Find all twelve recipes in our Holiday 2016 issue.
Mini Chocolate Bundt Cakes with Chocolate Glaze
Write a review
- 1 cup (227 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup (200 grams) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (110 grams) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2½ cups (313 grams) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (43 grams) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 grams) baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon (4.5 grams) kosher salt
- 1 cup whole buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 1 (4-ounce) bar bittersweet chocolate, chopped
- 3 tablespoons (42 grams) unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Garnish: edible gold leaf*
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray 2 (6-well) mini Bundt pans or 12 mini-Bundt pans with baking spray with flour.
- For cakes: In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars with a mixer at medium speed until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating just until combined after each addition. Stir in vanilla and almond extract. Spoon batter into prepared pans, filling about two-thirds full.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- For glaze: In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine chopped chocolate, butter, corn syrup, cream, and vanilla. Microwave on medium for 1 minute; stir. Microwave until melted and smooth, about 30 seconds more. Spoon glaze over cakes. Garnish with gold leaf, if desired.
- Note: Edible gold leaf can be purchased at Gold Leaf Factory.
Bake from Scratch https://www.bakefromscratch.com/
[…] 5. Mini Chocolate Bundt Cakes with Chocolate Glaze – Bake … […]
[…] 7. Mini Chocolate Bundt Cakes with Chocolate Glaze – Bake … […]
[…] Chocolate cake recipe – this recipe is written for mini bundt pans, but I baked it in the larger one for about 50 minutes and it was perfect. YOU MUST NOT OVER BAKE THE CAKE or it will be dry and brittle. The recipe is from Bake from Scratch: Artisan Recipes for the Home Baker. […]