Mini Coconut-Pepper Jelly Cakes
6 mini Bundt cakes
- ½ cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- ⅔ cup (133 grams) granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons (60 grams) hot pepper jelly
- 1 large egg (50 grams), room temperature
- 1 tablespoon (15 grams) spiced rum*
- 1½ cups (188 grams) cake flour
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 grams) baking powder
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 grams) baking soda
- ½ teaspoon (1.5 grams) kosher salt
- ¼ cup (60 grams) full-fat coconut milk
- ¼ cup (60 grams) whole buttermilk, room temperature
- ¾ cup (120 grams) diced peeled nectarines
- ½ cup (60 grams) packed sweetened shredded coconut
- Rum Pepper Jelly Glaze (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar at medium speed until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Beat in pepper jelly. Add egg, beating well. Beat in spiced rum.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In a small bowl, stir together coconut milk and buttermilk. With mixer on low speed, gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with coconut milk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating just until combined after each addition. Fold in nectarines and coconut.
- Spray a 6-well mini Bundt pan* with baking spray with flour. Divide batter among prepared wells.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Invert cakes onto a wire rack, and let cool completely. Place wire rack over a rimmed baking sheet, and brush cakes with warm Rum Pepper Jelly Glaze. Serve immediately.
*We used Pusser’s Spiced Rum and Nordic Ware Brilliance Cakelet Pan. Bake time may vary when using a different pan.
Rum Pepper Jelly Glaze
Serves: ½ cup
- ¼ cup (80 grams) hot pepper jelly
- ¼ cup (60 grams) spiced rum
- In a small saucepan, heat pepper jelly over medium-low heat until melted. Remove from heat; stir in spiced rum. Use immediately.