A bite of these Mini Tropical Banana Bread loaves takes you on an island flavor getaway. Sweet pineapple, chewy coconut, and a tangy burst of Citrus Glaze combine for a sunny take on classic banana bread.
Mini Tropical Banana Bread
Makes 4 mini loaves
- ½ cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- ⅔ cup (147 grams) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons (60 grams) guava jam
- 2 large eggs (100 grams)
- 2¼ cups (281 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (5 grams) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon (5 grams) baking powder
- ½ teaspoon (1.5 grams) kosher salt
- 1½ cups (341 grams) mashed banana (about
- 4 medium bananas)
- ⅓ cup (80 grams) coconut milk
- ¼ teaspoon (1 gram) coconut extract
- ½ cup (100 grams) finely diced fresh pineapple
- ½ cup (60 grams) packed sweetened flaked coconut
- Citrus Glaze (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 325°F (170°C). Butter and flour 4 (5½x3-inch) loaf pans.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and brown sugar at medium speed until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Beat in jam until well combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. In a small bowl, whisk together mashed banana, coconut milk, and coconut extract; whisk in pineapple and coconut. With mixer on low speed, add banana mixture to butter mixture, beating until combined. Gradually add flour mixture, beating just until combined. Divide batter among prepared pans, smoothing tops with an offset spatula.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire racks. Spoon Citrus Glaze over cooled loaves.
Makes ½ cup
- 1 cup (120 grams) confectioners’ sugar
- 1 lemon (99 grams), zested and juiced
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- In a medium bowl, combine confectioners’ sugar and zests. In a small bowl, combine lemon juice and lime juice. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons (30 to 45 grams) citrus juice to confectioners’ sugar mixture, stirring until desired consistency is reached.