Something as good as our No-Churn Custard Ice Cream shouldn’t be this easy—but you can consider the wait time for this custard ice cream to freeze as your hard work paying off. An irresistible combination of sweetened condensed milk, custard powder, and cream, this no–churn decadence is worth screaming over. This ice cream goes perfectly with our Custard Crème Cookies!
No-Churn Custard Ice Cream
Makes 6 cups
- 2 cups (480 grams) cold heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons (24 grams) granulated sugar
- 2½ teaspoons (15 grams) vanilla bean paste
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 (14-ounce) can (396 grams) sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon (8 grams) custard powder
- Gently wrap a 10×5-inch loaf pan in plastic wrap, and place in freezer.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat cold cream, sugar, vanilla, and salt at medium-high speed until medium-stiff peaks form, 4 to 6 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, stir together sweetened condensed milk and custard powder. Fold in one-third of whipped cream mixture. Fold in remaining whipped cream mixture just until combined. Pour into prepared pan. Cover and freeze overnight.
- Let stand at room temperature until slightly softened before serving, about 5 minutes.