Yes, Nutella makes everything better—but the true star of this nutty Nutella Banana Bread is the Chocolate Hazelnut Streusel.
Nutella Banana Bread
Makes 1 (8½x4½-inch) loaf
- 1⅔ cups (209 grams) all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon (1.5 grams) kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 grams) baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon (1.25 grams) baking powder
- 1⅛ cups (255 grams) mashed banana (about 3 medium bananas)
- ¾ cup (150 grams) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs (100 grams)
- ⅓ cup plus 2 teaspoons (85 grams) canola oil
- ¼ cup (60 grams) whole milk
- 1 teaspoon (4 grams) vanilla extract
- ½ cup (128 grams) Nutella
- Chocolate Hazelnut Streusel (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 325°F (170°C). Lightly spray an 8½x4½-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Line pan with parchment paper, letting excess extend over sides of pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder. In a large bowl, whisk together mashed banana, sugar, eggs, oil, milk, and vanilla. Fold in flour mixture just until combined.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat Nutella on high in 2 (15-second) intervals, stirring between each. Spoon half of batter into prepared pan; spoon half of warm Nutella over batter. Top with remaining batter and remaining Nutella; swirl together using a knife. Top with Chocolate Hazelnut Streusel.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, about 1 hour and 25 minutes. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack.
Chocolate Hazelnut Streusel
Makes about 2 cups
- ¼ cup (31 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1½ tablespoons (21 grams) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 2¼ teaspoons (4 grams) Dutch process cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon (1 gram) ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons (28 grams) cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons (14 grams) chopped hazelnuts
- 2 tablespoons (22 grams) chopped 60% cacao bittersweet chocolate chips
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine flour, brown sugar, cocoa, cinnamon, and salt. With mixer on low speed, add cold butter, beating until mixture is crumbly. Stir in hazelnuts and chocolate chips by hand. Refrigerate until ready to use.
I am from India, and follow your amazing recipes.
If you can please tell me, can i cling wrap the bread and refrigerate it for an hour or so , before cutting it in slices.
Thank you so much for the kind words! If you are to refrigerate it to speed the cooling, I would recommend not using cling wrap if it is only for an hour. The sudden change in temperature will cause the steam to condensate on the plastic, and it will make the outside of the bread soggy. Hope this helps!
I made a double batch and it was delicious! Might be my holiday bake 🙂