Our Favorite Piecrust is flaky, tender, and performs like a champ. Use the highest quality butter you can find for the best outcome.
Our Favorite Piecrust
Makes 2 (9-inch) piecrusts
- 3⅓ cups (417 grams) all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons (24 grams) granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons (12 grams) kosher salt
- 1 cup (230 grams) cold unsalted butter, cubed
- 10 to 14 tablespoons ice water
- In the work bowl of a food processor, place flour, sugar, and salt; pulse to combine. Add butter, and pulse until mixture is crumbly. Add ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, just until dough comes together.
- Divide dough in half, and shape each half into a disk. Wrap tightly in plastic wrap, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Dough may be refrigerated for up to 3 days or frozen for up to 2 months.