The round roll is the most versatile for dressing up with different flavors, such as dill and Gruyère.
Parker House Round Rolls
Makes about 25
- 1 recipe Parker House Roll Dough
- 4 tablespoons plus ½ teaspoon (58.5 grams) unsalted butter, softened and cut into 25 cubes
- ¼ cup (57 grams) unsalted butter, melted
- Maldon or sea salt
- On a lightly floured surface, turn out dough. Divide dough in half, and gently shape each half into a ball. Cover and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Divide dough into 25 pieces (about 1.6 ounces each). Press one cube of softened butter into center of each piece of dough, and roll into balls. Place rolls on prepared pan, leaving no space between. Cover and let rise in a warm, draft-free place (75°F) until puffed, about 30 minutes.
- Brush with melted butter, and bake until golden brown, 25 to 30 minutes. Brush with melted butter again, and sprinkle with salt.