A rich, tangy dose of buttermilk and swirls of cream cheese complement the bright sweetness of the peaches in this decadent pound cake. Find more delicious recipes for peachy desserts in our 2018 May/June Issue, here!
Peach Pound Cake
Makes 1 (10-cup) Bundt Cake
- 11⁄2 cups (340 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- 21⁄3 cups (467 grams) granulated sugar, divided
- 5 large eggs (250 grams)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon (2 grams) almond extract 23⁄4 cups (344 grams) plus 2 tablespoons (16 grams) all-purpose flour, divided 1⁄4 cup (30 grams) coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon (3 grams) kosher salt
- 1⁄2 cup (120 grams) plus 2 tablespoons(30 grams) whole buttermilk,room temperature and divided
- 2 cups (400 grams) diced peeled freshpeaches (about 3 medium peaches)
- 1⁄2 cup (112 grams) cream cheese
- Preheat oven to 325°F (170°C). Butter and flour a 10-cup Bundt pan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and 2 cups (400 grams) sugar at medium speed until flu y, 6 to 8 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in almond extract.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 23⁄4 cups (344 grams) all-purpose flour, coconut flour, and salt. With mixer on low speed, gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with 1⁄2 cup (120 grams) buttermilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating just until combined after each addition. Fold in peaches. Transfer batter to a large bowl; set aside.
- Clean bowl of stand mixer. Using the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese, remaining 1⁄3 cup (67 grams) sugar, and remaining 2 tablespoons (16 grams) all-purpose flour at medium speed until creamy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Beat in remaining 2 tablespoons (30 grams) buttermilk until well combined.
- Spoon half of batter into prepared pan. Add cream cheese filling, and top with remaining batter. Using a knife, gently swirl together batter and cream cheese filling.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean, 1 hour and 30 minutes to 1 hour and 35 minutes, covering with foil after 1 hour of baking to prevent excess browning, if necessary. Let cool in pan for 20 minutes. Invert cake onto a wire rack, and let cool completely. Spoon Buttermilk Glaze over cooled cake.
Makes about 1½ cups
- 1⁄2 cup (112 grams) cream cheese, softened 11⁄2 tablespoons (21 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup (60 grams) confectioners’ sugar
- 1⁄4 cup plus 2 tablespoons (90 grams) whole buttermilk
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat cream cheese and butter at medium speed until creamy, 3 to 4 minutes. Reduce mixer speed to low. Gradually add confectioner’s sugar, beating until combined. Add buttermilk, beating until smooth.