We (literally) put a spin on the classic Bundt by swirling peanut butter and chocolate into the batter in this crowd pleasing Peanut Butter and Chocolate Swirl Bundt cake.
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Swirl Bundt Cake
Makes 1 (10- to 15-cup) Bundt cake
- 1 cup (227 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- 1¾ cups plus 2 tablespoons (374 grams) granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cups (250 grams) self-rising flour
- ½ teaspoon (1.5 grams) kosher salt
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup (21 grams) unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- Chocolate Glaze:
- 1 cup (170 grams) semisweet chocolate morsels
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 10- to 15-cup Bundt pan with baking spray with flour.
- For cake: In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar at medium speed until fluffy, 4 to 5 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and salt. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating just until combined after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- In another medium bowl, place cocoa. Spoon half of batter over cocoa, whisking slowly until combined. Add peanut butter to remaining batter in large bowl; beat with a mixer at low speed until combined. Drop heaping tablespoons of batter into prepared pan, alternating between peanut butter and chocolate mixtures. Using a knife, pull blade back and forth through batter to swirl. Gently tap pan on counter to release any air bubbles.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Let cool in pan for 15 minutes. Invert onto a wire rack, and let cool completely. Place cake on a serving plate.
- For chocolate glaze: Place chocolate morsels in a small heatproof bowl. In a small saucepan, heat cream over medium heat. Pour hot cream over chocolate. Cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Whisk until smooth, and drizzle over cake.