We love herbs in sweet baked goods. The honey and rosemary in this cake impart a delicious earthiness in this Pear Honey Rosemary Bundt Cake.
Pear Honey Rosemary Bundt Cake
Makes 1 (10-cup) Bundt cake
- 1 cup (227 grams) plus 2 tablespoons (28 grams) unsalted butter, softened and divided
- 2 cups peeled and chopped pear
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1½ cups plus 1 tablespoon (312 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
- 2¾ cups (344 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (5 grams) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon (3 grams) kosher salt
- ½ cup whole milk
- ½ cup honey
- Garnish: confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray a 10-cup Bundt pan with baking spray with flour.
- In a medium saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons (28 grams) butter over medium heat. Add pear and rosemary; cook, stirring occasionally, until pears are soft. Remove from heat; let cool completely.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat granulated sugar, vanilla, and remaining 1 cup (227 grams) butter at medium speed until fluffy, 4 to 5 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. In a small bowl, stir together milk and honey. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with milk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating just until combined after each addition. Stir in pear mixture. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out with a few moist crumbs, about 1 hour. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Invert onto a wire rack, and let cool completely. Just before serving, dust with confectioners’ sugar.