Just in time for Thanksgiving, we’re bringing you fall’s favorite pie now in Bundt cake form – our Pecan Pie Bundt Cake. Toasted pecans give texture and signature pecan pie flavor to this buttery cake, and a splash of bourbon makes for an extra-tender crumb. We then coated Nordic Ware’s Magnolia Bundt Pan in finely chopped pecans, creating an eye-catching (and irresistibly crunchy) design on the outside of the cake that highlights the pan’s graphic petals. Top it off with our boozy Brown Sugar-Bourbon Sauce for a memorable dessert that’ll be the star of your harvest table.
- 1½ cups (340 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups (400 grams) granulated sugar
- ¼ cup (55 grams) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs (150 grams), room temperature
- 3 cups (375 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1¼ teaspoons (3.75 grams) kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (240 grams) heavy whipping cream, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons (10 grams) bourbon
- 1 teaspoon (4 grams) vanilla extract
- ½ cup (57 grams) finely chopped toasted pecans
- ½ cup (57 grams) super finely chopped raw pecans
- Toasted pecan halves (optional)
- Brown Sugar-Bourbon Sauce (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 325°F (170°C).
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar at medium speed until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating until well combined after each addition; scrape sides of bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda. In a small bowl, whisk together cream, bourbon, and vanilla. Add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with cream mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating just until combined after each addition and stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Fold in chopped toasted pecans.
- Spray a 10-cup Nordic Ware Magnolia Bundt Pan with baking spray with flour. Coat inside of pan with raw pecans, turning to coat and shaking out any excess. Spoon batter into prepared pan. Tap pan on counter several times to evenly spread batter and release any air bubbles. (The pan will be quite full, but the batter will not overflow.)
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean, 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes. Let cool in pan for 15 minutes. Using a small offset spatula, gently loosen center and edges of cake from pan. Invert pan onto a wire rack; let cake stand in pan for 20 minutes. Pick up wire rack with Bundt pan on top, and lightly tap on counter to loosen cake; remove from pan, and place wire rack over a parchment-lined baking sheet. Let cool completely.
- Top each petal of cake design with 1 pecan half (if using). Spoon Brown Sugar-Bourbon Sauce over ridges of cake as desired. Once sauce stops dripping, transfer cake to a serving plate. For fuller coverage, brush more still-hot sauce onto sides of cake using a small pastry brush. Serve immediately.
- 1 cup (220 grams) firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup (113 grams) unsalted butter
- ¼ cup (60 grams) heavy whipping cream
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon (5 grams) bourbon
- In a small saucepan, bring brown sugar, butter, cream, and salt to a boil over medium heat. Remove from heat; stir in bourbon. Use immediately.
Our Bundtologists share their expert tips to help you master our November Bundt! Click the image to enlarge. Note that each of these tips is specific to this recipe and the Magnolia Bundt Pan. Results may vary for other recipes and other pans.