Your favorite spiced cookie, now in a quick bread. The crunchy, buttery pistachio streusel topping pushes this loaf straight into the hall of fame. Find more comforting loaf cakes in our Cake 2019 special issue!
Snickerdoodle Swirl Loaf with Salted Pistachios
Serves: 1 (9x5-inch) loaf
- 2 cups (250 grams) self-rising flour
- 1½ cups (300 grams) granulated sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon (3 grams) kosher salt, divided
- 1 cup (240 grams) whole milk, room temperature
- ¼ cup (56 grams) vegetable oil
- 1 large egg (50 grams), room temperature
- 1 tablespoon (6 grams) ground cinnamon
- ½ cup (57 grams) chopped roasted salted pistachios, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a 9x5-inch loaf pan with parchment paper, letting excess extend over sides of pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, 1 cup (200 grams) sugar, and ½ teaspoon (1.5 grams) salt. Add milk, oil, and egg, whisking to combine.
- In a small bowl, stir together cinnamon and remaining ½ cup (100 grams) sugar.
- Spread half of batter in prepared pan. Sprinkle with half of cinnamon sugar. Top with ¼ cup (28.5 grams) pistachios; top with remaining batter. Using a knife, swirl batter starting at one end and working toward other using a small folding motion. Top with remaining cinnamon sugar, remaining ¼ cup (28.5 grams) pistachios, and remaining ½ teaspoon (1.5 grams) salt. Using a knife, cut through batter widthwise and then lengthwise to create a swirl on top of loaf.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 45 to 50 minutes, covering with foil halfway through baking to prevent excess browning. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Using excess parchment as handles, remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack.