Packed with fresh strawberries and drizzled with a tangy buttermilk glaze, this loaf cake is the delicious shortcut to satisfying your strawberry cake cravings.
Strawberry Loaf with Buttermilk Glaze
Makes 1 (9×5-inch) cake
- 1 cup (200 grams) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup (120 grams) sour cream, room temperature
- 2 large eggs (100 grams), room temperature
- 1 teaspoon (4 grams) almond extract
- 2½ cups (313 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (5 grams) baking powder
- ½ teaspoon (1.5 grams) kosher salt
- 2 cups (250 grams) sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 cups (240 grams) confectioners’ sugar, sifted
- 3 tablespoons (45 grams) whole buttermilk, room temperature
- Garnish: halved fresh strawberries
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Butter and flour a 9×5-inch loaf pan; line pan with parchment paper.
- In a large glass bowl, whisk together granulated sugar, melted butter, sour cream, eggs, and almond extract. Add flour, baking powder, and salt, stirring until combined. Fold in sliced strawberries. Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Lightly cover with foil, and bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, about 25 minutes more. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together confectioners’ sugar and buttermilk until smooth. Drizzle glaze over cooled bread. Garnish with halved strawberries, if desired.