Stock your Fridge:
Not all buttermilk is created equal. Here are some of the best producers in the United States who still make the real deal.
- Cruze Dairy Farm | Knoxville, Tennessee
A beloved Southern buttermilk made from Jersey cows.
2. Animal Farm | Orwell, Vermont
Buttermilk straight from the churn; distributed throughout New England by Provisions International and found at Saxelby Cheesemongers in New York City.
3. Milky Way Farm | Starr, South Carolina
Certified raw milk dairy with thick, creamy buttermilk.
4. Kate’s | Old Orchard Beach, Maine
Three generations of family, churning fresh cream.
5. Pittsford Farms Dairy & Bakery | Pittsford, New York
An old-fashioned dairy producing fine buttermilk for
over a century.