This cheesy, bacon-filled muffin will satisfy all of your savory breakfast cravings.
Bacon Cheddar Poppy Seed Muffins
- 2¼ cups (281 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon (15 grams) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon (3 grams) kosher salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup whole buttermilk
- 4 slices bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- ½ cup (57 grams) chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon (9 grams) poppy seeds
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 8 jumbo muffin cups with parchment or paper liners, or spray with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Make a well in the center of mixture. In a small bowl, whisk together egg and buttermilk. Add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Fold in all remaining ingredients.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups. Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool in pans for 5 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.