The addition of everyone’s favorite cookie butter into our Banana Nut Biscoff Bread balances out this recipe’s nuttiness with irresistible sweetness and a smooth, rich flavor. This Banana Nut Biscoff Bread is just as at home on your breakfast as it is alongside your afternoon cup of coffee.
- 3 ripe medium bananas (210 grams)
- ¾ cup (192 grams) Biscoff cookie butter spread, divided
- ⅓ cup (76 grams) unsalted butter, melted
- 1½ cups (188 grams) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (100 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg (50 grams), room temperature
- 1 teaspoon (5 grams) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon (4 grams) vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon (1.5 grams) kosher salt
- ½ cup (57 grams) chopped walnuts*
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Lightly spray an 8x5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray. Line pan with parchment paper, letting excess extend over sides of pan.
- In a large bowl, mash bananas until mostly smooth. Stir in ½ cup (128 grams) Biscoff spread and melted butter. Add flour, sugar, egg, baking soda, vanilla, and salt, stirring until thick and combined. Fold in walnuts. Spread batter in prepared pan. Top with remaining ¼ cup (64 grams) Biscoff spread, and swirl into batter with a knife.
- Bake for 50 minutes to 1 hour, covering with foil halfway through baking to prevent excess browning. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack.
Pro Tip: Freeze overripe bananas in the peel to use in recipes like this for an even stronger banana flavor and easy mashing. Let thaw at room temperature before using.