Why yes, banana bread will Bundt! Thanks to Nordic Ware’s Anniversary Bundt Pan, our banana bread is an inverted Banana Streusel Bread Bundt beauty with plenty of crunchy cinnamon streusel topping that proves more addictive with each serving. You can find more Anniversary Bundt recipes our new September/October 2020 issue!
Banana Streusel Bread
Makes 1 (15-cup) loaf
- 3½ cups (438 grams) plus 4 tablespoons (32 grams) all-purpose flour, divided
- 1½ cups (330 grams) plus 2 tablespoons (28 grams) firmly packed light brown sugar, divided
- 1⅓ cups (267 grams) plus 2 tablespoons (24 grams) granulated sugar, divided
- 1¾ teaspoons (3.5 grams) ground cinnamon, divided
- 4 teaspoons (20 grams) unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 cups (476 grams) mashed ripe banana
- 1 cup (214 grams) vegetable oil
- 4 large eggs (200 grams), room temperature
- ⅔ cup (160 grams) sour cream, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon (13 grams) vanilla extract*
- 2 teaspoons (10 grams) baking powder
- 1¼ teaspoons (6.25 grams) baking soda
- 1¼ teaspoons (3.75 grams) kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon (1 gram) ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C).
- In a medium bowl, stir together 4 tablespoons (32 grams) flour, 2 tablespoons (28 grams) brown sugar, 2 tablespoons (24 grams) granulated sugar, and ¾ teaspoon (1.5 grams) cinnamon. Add butter; using your fingers or 2 forks, work butter into flour mixture until mixture resembles coarse crumbs or slightly wet sand. Set streusel aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat banana, oil, eggs, sour cream, vanilla, remaining 1½ cups (330 grams) brown sugar, and remaining 1⅓ cups (267 grams) granulated sugar at medium-low speed until well combined, about 2 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together baking powder, baking soda, salt, cloves, nutmeg, remaining 3½ cups (438 grams) flour, and remaining 1 teaspoon (2 grams) cinnamon. With mixer on low speed, gradually add flour mixture to banana mixture, beating until combined and stopping to scrape sides of bowl.
- Spray a 15-cup Nordic Ware Anniversary Bundt Pan with baking spray with flour. Pour batter into prepared pan. Tap pan on counter a few times to evenly spread batter and release any air bubbles.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with streusel, and bake until golden brown and a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean, 50 to 55 minutes, rotating pan halfway through baking and loosely covering with foil to prevent excess browning, if necessary. Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 20 minutes.
- Using a small offset spatula, loosen cake from center of pan. Slowly invert bread onto a wire rack placed over a rimmed baking sheet. (Some streusel will fall off.) Using a large, flat plate or a cake lifter, turn bread streusel side up, and place on wire rack; let cool completely.
[…] Previous articleBanana Streusel Bread […]
This turned out perfectly!!!
This is the perfect banana bread, especially with the addition of cloves. Everyone who has tasted this loves it.
Should it cook for an additional 50-55 minutes, or in total?
Thank you for your question!
Yes, an additional 50-55 minutes, so 70-75 minutes total.