Made with melted ice cream, this rich marble cake is as close as you can come to actually eating a Brandy Alexander. Be sure to use a good sipping brandy, because quality counts when it comes to flavor.
- 1 cup (227 grams) unsalted butter, melted
- ½ cup (100 grams) granulated sugar
- 4 tablespoons (60 grams) high-quality brandy, divided
- 2½ cups melted high-quality vanilla ice cream, divided
- 2 large eggs (100 grams), lightly beaten
- 3⅓ cups (417 grams) all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons (15 grams) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon (3 grams) kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons (10 grams) unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon (0.5 gram) ground nutmeg
- Confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray a 9x5-inch loaf pan with baking spray with flour. Line pan with parchment paper, letting excess extend over sides of pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together melted butter, granulated sugar, and 3 tablespoons (45 grams) brandy. Whisk in 2 cups melted ice cream and eggs. Whisk in flour, baking powder, and salt until smooth.
- Place 1 cup (325 grams) batter in a small bowl, and whisk in cocoa and remaining ½ cup melted ice cream. Whisk nutmeg into remaining batter. Pour half of nutmeg batter into prepared pan. Pour cocoa batter on top. Pour remaining nutmeg batter on top. Swirl batters together with a knife.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 50 to 60 minutes. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Poke warm cake with a wooden pick, and drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon (15 grams) brandy. Using excess parchment as handles, remove from pan. Dust with confectioners’ sugar.
- * We used Häagen Dazs Vanilla Ice Cream.
Find all six boozy inspired recipes in our 2017 Jan/Feb Issue!