Perfectly chewy and coated in confectioners’ sugar, these Chocolate Crinkle Cookies by Shiran Dickman (@shiran_dickman) of the blog Pretty. Simple. Sweet. are the ultimate fudgy chocolate cookies. They are so soft that they will almost melt in your mouth. For more decadent cookie recipes, order the Holiday Cookies Special Issue co-produced with feedfeed.
Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- 8 ounces (225 grams) 54% to 60% cacao dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup (57 grams) unsalted butter
- 2 large eggs (100 grams)
- ½ cup (100 grams) granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons (8 grams) vanilla extract
- ¾ cup (72 grams) almond meal
- ½ cup (63 grams) all-purpose flour, sifted
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 grams) baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup (120 grams) confectioners’ sugar
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate and butter. Microwave on high in 30-second intervals, stirring between each, until melted and smooth.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat eggs and granulated sugar at high speed until fluffy and pale, about 4 minutes. Reduce mixer speed to medium. Gradually add melted chocolate and vanilla, beating until combined.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together almond meal, flour, baking powder, and salt. With mixer on low speed, gradually add almond meal mixture to egg mixture, beating just until combined. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate until firm, 1 to 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place confectioners’ sugar in a small bowl. Using a medium (1½-tablespoon) spring-loaded scoop, scoop dough into balls. (You can also roll dough into 1-inch balls using your hands.) Roll each ball generously in confectioners’ sugar, and place 2 inches apart on prepared pans.
- Bake until cookies are cracked and still soft in center, 8 to 10 minutes. (Overbaking cookies will make them dry.) Let cool on pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire racks. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
I have made these twice and will undoubtably make them again, they are super delicious. Just make sure you coat generously with the powdered sugar.
[…] Chocolate Crinkle Cookies from Bake from Scratch […]