Maryanne Cabrera (@littleepicurean) of the blog The Little Epicurean shares one of her favorite peanut butter cookies: a sweet, salty, and chocolaty cookie that will satisfy any peanut butter fan. Dipped in melted dark chocolate and topped with chopped honey-roasted peanuts, these cookies are a decadent treat. For more delicious recipes, order the Holiday Cookies Special Issue co-produced with feedfeed.
Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Crinkle Cookies
Makes about 24
- ½ cup (113 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup (220 grams) firmly packed dark brown sugar
- ¾ cup (192 grams) creamy peanut butter
- 1 large egg (50 grams)
- ½ teaspoon (2 grams) vanilla extract
- 1⅓ cups (167 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (5 grams) baking soda
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 grams) baking powder
- ½ teaspoon (1.5 grams) kosher salt
- ½ cup (100 grams) granulated sugar
- ½ cup (60 grams) confectioners’ sugar
- 8 ounces (225 grams) 72% cacao dark chocolate, chopped
- Roughly chopped honey-roasted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter, brown sugar, and peanut butter at medium speed until creamy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Beat in egg and vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. With mixer on low speed, gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating just until combined.
- Place granulated sugar and confectioners’ sugar in small bowls. Using a medium (1½-tablespoon) spring-loaded scoop, scoop dough into balls. Roll balls in granulated sugar to coat; roll in confectioners’ sugar until coated. Place 2 inches apart on prepared pans.
- Bake until edges are set and cookies are cracked on top, 15 to 18 minutes, rotating pans halfway through baking. Let cool on pans for 5 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire racks.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, heat chocolate on high in 30-second intervals, stirring between each, until melted and smooth. Let cool slightly, 3 to 5 minutes. Dip half of each cookie in melted chocolate, and place on a wire rack. Immediately sprinkle with peanuts. Let stand until chocolate is set, 8 to 10 minutes. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
Absolutely delicious. Nice presentation with the crackle. Recipe is followed as written and I am using this one as may favorite peanut butter cookie recipe.