Sunnyland Farms Raw Georgia Pecan Halves steal the show in this classic and sophisticated Chocolate Pecan Tart. Sunnyland’s farm-fresh pecans add nuttiness to the shortbread crust while their crunchy pecan halves make the chocolate-studded filling all the more indulgent.
Chocolate Pecan Tart
Makes 1 (9-inch) tart
- 1¼ cups (156 grams) plus 3 tablespoons (24 grams) all-purpose flour, divided
- ½ cup (113 grams) cold unsalted butter, cubed
- ⅓ cup (40 grams) confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ cup (28 grams) chopped Sunnyland Farms Raw Georgia Pecan Halves
- 1¾ teaspoons (5.25 grams) kosher salt, divided
- 1 cup (220 grams) firmly packed dark brown sugar
- ½ cup (170 grams) light corn syrup
- ⅓ cup (113 grams) clover honey
- 2 large eggs (100 grams), room temperature
- 1 large egg white (30 grams), room temperature
- 2 tablespoons (26 grams) vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon (14 grams) unsalted butter, melted
- 1¼ cups (141 grams) Sunnyland Farms Raw Georgia Pecan Halves
- ¼ cup (43 grams) plus 1 tablespoon (11 grams) 46% cacao semisweet chocolate baking chips, divided
- Fresh whipped cream, to serve
- Garnish: flaked sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray a 9-inch fluted removable-bottom round tart pan with baking spray with flour.
- In the work bowl of a food processor, combine 1¼ cups (156 grams) flour, cold butter, confectioners’ sugar, chopped pecans, and ½ teaspoon (1.5 grams) kosher salt. Pulse until mixture forms large clumps and holds together when pinched between fingers. Press mixture into bottom and up sides of prepared pan. Freeze for 15 minutes.
- Top crust with a piece of parchment paper, letting ends extend over edges of pan; add pie weights.
- Bake on center rack of oven until edges are lightly golden, 15 to 18 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully remove parchment and weights; bake until bottom of crust is dry and set, 5 to 8 minutes more. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together brown sugar, remaining 3 tablespoons (24 grams) flour, and remaining 1¼ teaspoons (3.75 grams) kosher salt until well combined. Beat in corn syrup, honey, eggs, egg white, vanilla, and melted butter. Scatter pecan halves and ¼ cup (43 grams) chocolate chips in prepared crust; pour sugar mixture over pecans and chocolate. Sprinkle with remaining 1 tablespoon (11 grams) chocolate chips, gently patting into filling.
- Bake until crust is golden brown, filling is set, and an instant-read thermometer inserted in center registers 200°F (93°C), about 45 minutes, loosely covering with foil to prevent excess browning, if necessary. Let cool completely on a wire rack. Serve with whipped cream. Garnish with sea salt, if desired.