Our eleventh recipe in our 12 Days of Holiday Cookies showcase is these timeless Chocolate Peppermint Cookies. These addictive cookies get a creamy boost from milk chocolate chips and a hint of crisp mint from peppermint extract. Crushed candy canes speckle the top for a traditional wintry finish.
Chocolate Peppermint Cookies
Makes about 45 cookies
- 1½ cups (340 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- 1¼ cups (275 grams) firmly packed light brown sugar
- ½ cup (100 grams) granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs (150 grams)
- 2 teaspoons (8 grams) vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon (2 grams) peppermint extract
- 3¼ cups (406 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (85 grams) Dutch process cocoa powder
- 1½ teaspoons (4.5 grams) kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon (5 grams) baking soda
- 2½ cups (425 grams) milk chocolate morsels
- ½ cup (75 grams) candy cane pieces
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugars at medium speed until fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Reduce mixer speed to medium-low. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in extracts.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, salt, and baking soda. With mixer on low speed, gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating just until combined. (Do not overmix.) Gently stir in chocolate morsels. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Using a 2-tablespoon scoop, drop dough at least 2 inches apart onto prepared pans.
- Bake, one batch at a time, for 16 minutes, rotating pan halfway through baking. Remove from oven, and immediately sprinkle ½ teaspoon candy cane pieces on top of each cookie. Let cool on pans for 5 minutes. Using a thin spatula, remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire racks. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.
i love this website i help me and my family be together and plus they love your recipes
[…] Chocolate Peppermint Cookies from Bake from Scratch […]
[…] If you want more chocolate and peppermint on your holiday menu, you can find the recipe on Bake from Scratch. […]