You can choose your flavor with this incredibly simple, perfectly sweet pound cake. Go almond, lemon, or vanilla. For bake sales, we bake this cake in Nordic Ware’s Brilliance Bundt Pan with evenly spaced grooves that make for easy portioning when you slice and serve.
Are you baking this cake for our Bake Sale for No Kid Hungry? Be sure to register your bake sale here to join the cause!
- 1½ cups (340 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 cups (400 grams) granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs (300 grams), room temperature
- 1 tablespoon (13 grams) vanilla extract
- 3 cups (375 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (3 grams) kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 grams) baking powder
- 1 cup (240 grams) whole milk, room temperature
- Preheat oven to 325°F (170°C).
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar at medium speed until fluffy, 5 to 7 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Reduce mixer speed to low. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, salt, and baking powder. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating just until combined after each addition.
- Spray a 10-cup Bundt pan* with baking spray with flour. Pour batter into prepared pan. Firmly tap pan on counter to settle batter.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack.
Lemon Pound Cake: Substitute 1 tablespoon (3 grams) lemon zest for vanilla extract; add lemon zest with butter and sugar.
Almond Pound Cake: Substitute 1½ teaspoons (6 grams) almond extract for vanilla extract.