Time to celebrate! Whip these fun bars up for a quick birthday treat. Because really, you can’t ever go wrong with confetti and rainbow sprinkles. Get more delicious one-bowl recipes in our new One Bowl Baking Special Issue, available now!
- 1 cup (227 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup (225 grams) cream cheese, softened
- 1½ cups (300 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg (50 grams), room temperature
- 2 teaspoons (8 grams) vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon (2 grams) almond extract
- 2½ cups (313 grams) all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 grams) baking powder
- ½ teaspoon (1.5 grams) kosher salt
- 1 cup (183 grams) rainbow sprinkles*
- Confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Line a 13x9-inch baking pan with parchment paper, and lightly grease.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter, cream cheese, and granulated sugar at medium speed until creamy, 2 to 3 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add egg and extracts, beating until combined. Add fl our, baking powder, and salt, beating until combined. (Batter will be thick.) Stir in sprinkles. Spread dough into prepared pan using a metal spatula.
- Bake until center is set, 20 to 30 minutes. Let cool completely. Dust with confectioners’ sugar. Cut into triangles or squares.
*We used Betty Crocker Rainbow Sprinkles (10.5-ounce container)
[…] bars make for some pretty delicious handhelds. I originally found this recipe in an older copy of Bake From Scratch Magazine and I just could not help […]
This recipe is just okay for me. Might be I did not have the almond extract.