Cream biscuits are impossibly simple, unquestionably delicious, and can be ready in about 20 minutes (no joke!).
- 2¼ cups (281 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon (15 grams) baking powder
- 1 tablespoon (12 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon (9 grams) kosher salt
- 1½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons (42 grams) unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Gradually add cream, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface, and gently knead 3 to 4 times until it comes together. Pat dough into a rectangle, about 1 inch thick. Using a sharp knife, cut dough into 8 rectangles. Dip top of each rectangle into melted butter, and place on prepared pan.
- Bake until golden brown, 15 to 20 minutes. Let cool on pan for 5 minutes. Serve warm.