Using hand-chopped chocolate instead of morsels helps this cookie flatten out properly. We give the baking sheet a firm whack on a hard surface halfway through baking to make the final result even thinner. Find more types of Chocolate Chip Cookies, here.
Crispy Chocolate Chip Cookie
Makes about 36
- 1 cup (227 grams) unsalted butter,* softened
- 1½ cups (300 grams) granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs (100 grams)
- 1 tablespoon (18 grams) vanilla bean paste
- 2¼ cups plus 3 tablespoons (305 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon (5 grams) baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon (2.25 grams) kosher salt
- 8 ounces (230 grams) semisweet baking chocolate,* chopped
- *We used Kerrygold and Ghiradelli.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Line rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar at medium speed until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Reduce mixer speed to medium-low. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, and salt. Reduce mixer speed to low. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating just until combined (do not overmix). Gently stir in chopped chocolate. Using a 1-tablespoon scoop, drop dough at least 2 inches apart onto prepared pans. Slightly press each scoop to flatten to half the original height.
- Bake until golden brown around the edges, 12 to 13 minutes, rotating pans and whacking hard on counter halfway through baking to help cookies spread. Bake 1 sheet at a time for even cooking. Let cool on pans for 5 minutes. Using a thin spatula, remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire racks. Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days.
misplaced the chewy chocolate chip cookie recipe from your last issue.
Could you please send it to me or tell me where I can find it?
Thank you so much
We have emailed you the Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe. Happy Baking!
Favorite crispy chocolate chip cooke recipe. Right amount of sweetness against the bittersweet of the chocolate.
think you missed this in the recipe — but how much AP flour do we need?
I apologize for the error. There was a space missing between the vanilla extract and the flour, but that has been fixed now!