This Double Chocolate Spice Bundt Cake gets an undertone of warm, cozy spice from chai tea-infused milk. Just one slice will have the chocolate lover in your life begging for more!
Double Chocolate Spice Bundt Cake
Makes 1 (12-to 15-cup) Bundt Cake
- 1 cup (240 grams) whole milk
- 2 chai tea bags (6 grams)
- 1½ cups (330 grams) firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup (227 grams) unsalted butter
- 3 large eggs (150 grams)
- ¾ teaspoon (3.75 grams) baking powder
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 grams) baking soda
- ½ teaspoon (1.5 grams) kosher salt
- 3 cups (375 grams) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (240 grams) whole buttermilk
- 8 ounces (225 grams) 70% cacao dark chocolate, finely chopped
- 1 cup (170 grams) semisweet chocolate morsels, melted and slightly cooled
- 1 teaspoon (4 grams) vanilla extract
- Bittersweet Chocolate Glaze (recipe below)
- Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C).
- Spray a 12- to 15-cup Bundt pan with baking spray with flour.
- In a small saucepan, bring milk to a simmer over medium heat. Remove from heat. Add tea bags; cover and let stand for 10 minutes. Discard tea bags. Reserve ½ cup (120 grams) chai milk for batter and 5 tablespoons (75 grams) chai milk for Bittersweet Chocolate Glaze.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat brown sugar and butter at medium speed until fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together baking powder, baking soda, salt, and flour. In a small bowl, whisk together buttermilk and reserved ½ cup (120 grams) chai milk.
- Reduce mixer speed to low. Gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture alternately with buttermilk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating just until combined after each addition. Beat in chopped chocolate, melted chocolate, and vanilla. Spoon batter into prepared pan, smoothing top with an o set spatula.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack. Drizzle with Bittersweet Chocolate Glaze just before serving.
Bittersweet Chocolate Glaze
Makes about 1 cup
- 1½ cups (180 grams) confectioners’ sugar
- 3 ounces (86 grams) 70% cacao bittersweet chocolate, melted
- 1 tablespoon (14 grams) unsalted butter, melted
- Reserved 5 tablespoons (75 grams) chai milk from Double Chocolate Spice Bundt Cake recipe
- In a medium bowl, whisk together confectioners’ sugar, melted chocolate, and melted butter. Add reserved chai milk, 1 tablespoon (15 grams) at a time, whisking until a smooth consistency is reached. Use immediately.