Italian Cream Bundt Cake
Makes 1 (15-cup) Bundt cake
- 1½ cups (340 grams) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 (8-ounce) package (225 grams) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (400 grams) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (220 grams) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1½ teaspoons (4.5 grams) kosher salt
- 5 large eggs (250 grams)
- 1 tablespoon (13 grams) vanilla extract
- 3 cups (375 grams) all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon (2.5 grams) baking powder
- 1 cup (113 grams) finely chopped toasted pecans
- 1 cup (50 grams) sweetened flaked coconut, toasted
- Garnish: confectioners’ sugar
- Spray a 15-cup Bundt pan with baking spray with flour.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed until creamy, 3 to 4 minutes. Increase mixer speed to high. Add sugars and salt; beat for 10 minutes, stopping to scrape sides of bowl. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour and baking powder. Reduce mixer speed to low, and gradually add flour mixture to butter mixture, beating until combined. Beat in pecans and coconut. Spoon batter into prepared pan.
- Place pan in a cold oven. Bake at 300°F (150°C) until a wooden pick inserted near center comes out clean, about 1 hour and 20 minutes. Let cool in pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan, and let cool completely on a wire rack. Garnish with confectioners’ sugar, if desired.