Two cheeses, three meats, and a whole lot of our Homemade Everything Bagel Seasoning make these klobasniky your new brunch hero.
Klobasniky (Savory Kolaches)
Makes 12 klobasniky
- ¾ cup (187 grams) ricotta cheese
- ¾ cup (92 grams) shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 large eggs (100 grams), divided
- 1 tablespoon (14 grams) finely chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon (4 grams) finely chopped fresh basil
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Kolache Dough
- 24 slices (156 grams) thinly sliced 3-inch-wide sandwich pepperoni*
- 12 slices (132 grams) thinly sliced 4½-inch-wide Genoa salami*, cut in half
- 12 slices (192 grams) thinly sliced prosciutto*
- Homemade Everything Bagel Seasoning (recipe follows), for sprinkling
- In a medium bowl, stir together cheeses, 1 egg (50 grams), tomatoes, basil, and pepper until well combined.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Lightly punch down Kolache Dough; cover and let stand for 5 minutes. Turn out dough, and divide into 12 portions (about 81 grams each). Roll each portion into a 7½×5-inch oval; spoon about 5 teaspoons (about 27 grams) cheese mixture into center of each oval, spreading mixture into a 4×2½-inch oval. Layer pepperoni, salami, and prosciutto on top of cheese mixture. Stretch long sides of dough over filling, and pinch together; fold over short sides, pinching seams closed. Place, seam side down, on prepared pans. Cover and let rise in a warm, draft-free place (75°F/24°C) until puffed and dough holds an indentation when poked, 20 to 25 minutes. Pinch closed any seams, if needed.
- In a small bowl, beat remaining 1 egg (50 grams). Brush dough with egg wash, and sprinkle with Homemade Everything Bagel Seasoning.
- Bake until golden brown and an instant-read thermometer inserted in center registers 190°F (88°C) to 200°F (93°C), 13 to 15 minutes. Let cool on pans for 5 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.
*We used Boar's Head Sandwich Style Pepperoni, Boar's Head Genoa Salami Natural Casing, and Boar's Head Prosciutto di Parma, available in the grocery store deli.
Homemade Everything Bagel Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon (9 grams) white sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon (9 grams) black sesame seeds
- 1½ teaspoons (4.5 grams) poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon (4 grams) dried minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon (4 grams) dried minced onion
- In a small bowl, stir together all ingredients. Use immediately, or store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
We kept our everything bagel seasoning salt-free to balance out the meats in our Klobasniky (Savory Kolaches). This versatile seasoning goes great on anything from breads to bagels and beyond.