These indulgent Lemon and White Chocolate Muffins by Shiran Dickman are a guaranteed win for your next potluck brunch. The key? A double dose of white chocolate—both in the batter and drizzled on top post-bake—enhanced by the subtle citrus punch from a touch of lemon zest. If you like your muffins sweet, these are for you. Find 4 more delicious muffin recipe from Shiran Dickman, here!
Lemon and White Chocolate Muffins
Makes 12 muffins or 5 to 6 jumbo muffins
- 2 cups (250 grams) all-purpose flour, sifted
- ⅔ cup (133 grams) granulated sugar
- 2½ teaspoons (12.5 grams) baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 large egg (50 grams)
- ¾ cup (180 grams) whole milk
- ⅓ cup (75 grams) canola or vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons (4 grams) lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons (30 grams) fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon (4 grams) vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup (115 grams) coarsely chopped white chocolate
- ½ cup (100 grams) melted white chocolate
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Spray 12 muffin cups or 6 jumbo muffin cups with cooking spray, or line cups with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg, milk, oil, lemon zest and juice, and vanilla. Pour egg mixture into flour mixture, and fold with a rubber spatula or wooden spoon just until combined. Stir in chopped white chocolate. Divide batter among prepared muffin cups, filling about three-fourths full.
- Bake until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 15 to 20 minutes for regular muffins or 22 to 27 minutes for jumbo muffins. Let cool in pans for 10 minutes. Remove from pans, and let cool completely on wire racks. Drizzle with melted white chocolate over cooled muffins using a spoon or a piping bag. Muffins are best the same day they are made, but they can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature or in refrigerator for up to 3 days.
These recipes were developed with standard muffin pans with a capacity of 80 to 100 ml and jumbo muffin pans with a capacity of 160 to 180 ml.